Planning for Successful Gift Set Programs
Brand managers often bundle their products with complimentary items like glasses or stoppers for wine and ingredients or flavor enhancers for mixed cocktails. Gift sets are an effective way for brand managers to inspire consumers to experience their products while creating an aura of added value.
Successful gift set programs require pairing the product with the right complimentary accessory and packaging that conveys the level of quality and value add that will inspire consumers to buy the product.
Gift Set Packaging
Well-designed gift set packaging reinforces added value, protects products during shipping, and promotes successful sell-through.
Thoughtful consideration of materials, graphics and product orientation are required to maximize the opportunity. Gift sets can use rigid boxes, vacuum formed blister inserts, wood, and other assorted materials. Printing can be as simple as 4-color plus aqueous or embellished with film lamination, foil stamping, matte/gloss UV treatment and even lenticular or foil substrates.
The Role of the Value-Added Packaging Partner
Working with a value-added packaging partner that can design for and produce multi-material packaging will help ensure that your gift set packaging is both attention grabbing and effective. Good design includes making the most of the latest in brand marketing trends as well as knowing exactly what your packaging needs to accomplish.
Value-added packaging design is a lot more than just a pretty box. It's a packaging strategy that takes a wide range of factors into account including:
- Which retailers are you targeting and what is their level of interest?
- What gift set bundles are you considering and do you have any retail POP floor display opportunities?
- What has worked well for you in the past and what hasn't?
- What design elements and special effects will be most effective at attracting consumer attention to your gift set? (e.g. embossing, hot stamping, UV coatings, ribbons and bows, etc.)
- What packaging material will prevent shipping damage and rework?
- What fulfillment and supply chain challenges need to be managed to ensure on-time delivery to your retail partners? (e.g. overseas suppliers, multiple suppliers, tough retailer requirements, etc.)
50 Years of Gift Set Packaging Expertise
With over 50 years of custom packaging and gift set experience, TPH Global will give you confidence that your gift set packaging will be well-designed and help you achieve the highest return on investment (ROI). Our expertise includes navigating specific retailer requirements, including:
- Warehouse Clubs: Costco, Sam's Club, BJ's Wholesale Club
- Big Box Retailers: Walmart, Target, Kohl's
- Pharmacy: Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid
- Grocery: Kroger, Safeway, Whole Foods
We are also extremely effective at managing both domestic and overseas suppliers, and preventing supply chain issues so you can sleep well at night.